The Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association represents swimming pool companies across the UK and abroad, setting the standards for contractors and suppliers. The benefits of using a SPATA member are clear:
- The association has an internationally-respected reputation for quality
- Works with other industry bodies to set standards
- Members work to industry standards and abide by a Code of Ethics
- Customers – whether domestic or commercial – can find the right supplier
SPATA works for the industry and its customers. Services include:
- Register of Members with details of pool contractors in your area
- Customer Information Packs which include a series of free fact sheets and a Contract Checklist – questions you should ask any potential supplier – and when to engage a designer to plan and manage the project
- Technical advice, for both members and customers
- Water Treatment Training Courses: These are available to members and non-members
- Dispute Resolution, including a Stakeholder facility to safeguard contract money for both parties
- SPATEX the leading exhibition for pool trade professionals
Cresta Leisure has been a member of SPATA for 27 years. Since joining, Cresta MD Tim Bareham has taken a number of committee roles, initially as the South West Regional Chairman and then becoming SPATA President. Tim is now a SPATA Pool Inspector, assessing SPATA Pool Installers nationally for their quality of workmanship and compliance with industry standards.
Over the years, Cresta has received a multiple of SPATA awards and is one of only two national pool companies to have been awarded the prestigious Pool Builder of the Year on two separate occasions.